CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Flower Cone

I wanted to make a little something for my children's teachers before we head off onto Spring Break.  I thought I would get them some pretty spring flowers, tulips maybe, and put them in a hanging cone.  I've seen these made of paper before, but wanted something a little more sturdy.

A while ago, I found a remnant at my local fabric store that was like a lacy vinyl tablecloth.  I liked that it was more sturdy than paper, and the vinyl made it waterproof, which was great for the flower part.  I also liked the vintage look of the lacy design so I decided to use it.

I cut out 8 1/2" x 11" pieces and wrapped them into a cone shape.  I used hot glue to keep them together.  I punched a hole on each side, added some ribbon for hanging and a tag, and they were ready for use.

The bottom of the cones was still a bit open, so I placed the flowers in baggies with a wet paper towel.  These tulips slipped right in, as if they were made for these beautiful spring cones.  I hope our wonderful teachers enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them for them.









1 comment: