A while ago, I found a remnant at my local fabric store that was like a lacy vinyl tablecloth. I liked that it was more sturdy than paper, and the vinyl made it waterproof, which was great for the flower part. I also liked the vintage look of the lacy design so I decided to use it.
I cut out 8 1/2" x 11" pieces and wrapped them into a cone shape. I used hot glue to keep them together. I punched a hole on each side, added some ribbon for hanging and a tag, and they were ready for use.
The bottom of the cones was still a bit open, so I placed the flowers in baggies with a wet paper towel. These tulips slipped right in, as if they were made for these beautiful spring cones. I hope our wonderful teachers enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them for them.