CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chocolatey Peanut Buttery O's

Chocolate and peanut butter together has got to be one of my favorite things!  So when I saw this simple recipe combining the two with Cheerios, I knew it would be a hit not only just for me, but for the kids too!

To make these you will need:
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
  • 6 cups Cheerios
  • 1 bag (12 oz) chocolate chips (we chose milk chocolate)

In a large pot, heat the corn syrup and sugar to boiling, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat.  Add 1 cup of the peanut butter and stir until smooth.  Add the cereal and mix well.  I ended up putting on disposable rubber gloves and mixing with my hands.

Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil and press the cereal into the pan.  The aluminum foil makes for less mess and easy removal later.

In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.

Spread the chocolate evenly over the cereal mixture and refrigerate for about 30-40 minutes to set the chocolate.

If you used aluminum foil to line your pan, just lift the entire mixture from the pan and cut into bars.  I love these things and the kids do to!

4 comments:

  1. WE are so making these tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Air, did you make them? What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled onto your blog (from somewhere- don't remember where)! These will come in SO handy as I got about 20 boxes of Cheerios from a major sale! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. momofEAP - you and your kids will love this recipe! So yummy!

    And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete