CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 21, 2011

Family Recipe Boxes

This post is a little late, but it all turned out so well I just had to share it.  I helped my son's teacher and his first grade class put together these family recipe boxes.

I ordered these adorable gingerbread boxes from Oriental Trading Company and was very pleased!  Each child received a gingerbread house box and this whole big sheet of stickers - they were in heaven!



A few weeks prior to this activity the teacher sent home a note requesting a favorite family recipe used during the holidays.  We received all kinds of tasty recipes from Cabbage Rolls and Kalakand to Chicken & Hot Peppers and Pastice.  There were also lots of traditional recipes for goodies like Snickerdoodles, Pumpkin Roll, and Buckeyes.

I found Alenka's site where I was able to type in the recipes and print them out on recipe cards, for FREE!


The kids worked really hard on these!  Each student decorated a gingerbread house, then received one copy of each of the recipes to put inside.  It was a really neat gift for them to take home to their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment