CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Homemade Hand and Body Scrub

One of my favorite products during these cold winter months, is a nice hand scrub.  They do a great job of exfoliating and leave my hands oh so soft!  But, they can be a bit pricey!

So, I really wanted to try to make some homemade hand scrub for my children's teachers this year.  There are a lot of recipes out there, and mine is a compilation of a few with some minor tweaks.  Here is what you need:

  • brown sugar
  • white sugar
  • raw sugar
  • vanilla extract
  • olive oil
In a large bowl combine 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar and 1/2 cup of raw sugar.  Stir well.  Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and begin adding about 1 tbsp of olive oil, stirring the mixture well.  Continue adding 1 tbsp of olive oil until you get the consistency you like.

I prefer a crumbly consistency with less olive oil.  I find that the olive oil will not leave behind as much residue, but still leaves your hands feeling soft.


Spoon the mixture into a container and seal with the lid.  I hope the teachers are as excited about receiving these as I was to make them!


1 comment:

  1. wow, very nice and looks so easy - will have to keep this in mind for future gifts!

    ReplyDelete