CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Monkey Munch - Yummy!

One of my favorite sweet treats to make is Monkey Munch!  It is really easy to make and only takes a few ingredients to whip together.  I first saw this yummy treat on Jon and Kate Plus 8, and after snagging the recipe from the show's website, make it more often than I probably should.

Here's the recipe:

9 cups Corn Chex (I just use the whole box)
1 cup chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate chips)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar (sometimes I use 2 cups)

1.  Put cereal in a large bowl.
2.  Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter.  (I use the microwave.)
3.  Stir in vanilla.
4.  Pour over cereal and stir to coat.

This looks good enough to eat as it is...


5.  Put mixture into large plastic ziptop baggie with powdered sugar.
6.  Shake well to coat.















I can't believe it took me over 30 years to find this recipe!  It's been around forever and is also known as Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies.  Call it what you like, but be sure to keep this recipe handy and indulge often!

No comments:

Post a Comment